Thursday, May 8, 2014

Introduction

I'd like to start by introducing myself. My name is Eric Whited and I specialize in Oracle Identity and Access Management. OID, ODSEE, OVD, OIM, OAM, OUD, (and others)... are the acronyms of my life. I work as a consultant for an Oracle partner and have really enjoyed the last several years. I have several real world deliveries which have all had their ups and downs.

If you're reading this, you are searching for something that may or may not exist in the real world regarding custom solutions and best practices. I have successfully implemented several IAM solutions for a wide variety of clients. Public and private clients, who have leveraged the Oracle IAM suite and both public and private clients provide a variety of challenges.

Conclusion

In this blog, I want to explore several topics. I want to show examples of custom solutions that have helped clients go above and beyond and I want to talk openly with YOU about other key solutions and best practices. I will be uploading certain "how-to" guides and also, from time-to-time, dive deeper into theory and confusing topics. I have reached a point in my career where being an individual contributor and living in "my" world is not enough. It's time to explore other's views and help teach each other the nuances of security, and not just "Oracle Security". However, most of my blogs will showcase Oracle products, as that is what I am currently focusing on these days.

Thanks,
Eric Whited